2012 Mission Recap
Highlights, Facts and Figures
Since so many of you have continued to be so generous in helping support the mission to Ecuador, we'd like to recap the June 2012 mission:
The travel team consisted of 52 members
- Luggage didn’t make it until a day and ½ later but we started anyway!
- We were introduced to a new set of nuns! They were wonderful!
The sisters set a goal of 2,610 patients. We saw 3,270 patients!
- 1,017 General medicine
- 375 Dental
- 275 Ob/Gyn
- 871 Pediatric
- 609 Optometry
- 123 Ophthalmology
- There were over 35 home visits to the sick and home bound.
- All 5 day care centers were visited in San Pablo and surrounding areas and a workshop was held for the day care teachers.
- Foundations for 2 new rooms at the Colegio Mixto (High School) were poured and completed. The rooms were completed after we returned to the US and are now in use.
- 100 desks were purchased for the students at the high school.
- A workshop for the Rosetta Stone program was held with the teachers at the Colegio Mixto.
- There are currently 364 students attending the high school. 362 of them need financial assistance
- The mission provided $25,000 toward student scholarships.
- Workshops were held for the sewing school, which continues to grow.
- The mechanical shop at the Colegio Mixto is now in full operation.
- The power supply at the clinic has been rewired and improved and is now generator ready.
- Many electrical improvements have been made and continue to be improved as we make trips down to San Pablo.
Thanks to our volunteers and supporters for their many prayers for this important work!